Kauai Tubing with Backcountry Adventures
This Kauai Mountain Tubing Adventure is very popular and consistently sells out. We strongly recommend making reservations as soon as you can.
This is Kauai's only tubing adventure. Hop into a four-wheel drive adventure vehicle that will take you deep into Kauai's emerald green interior. Along the way, your guide will share interesting facts about the island. Once you arrive at the launch site, you'll be outfitted with a tube and a headlamp.
As you float down the tropical waterway, you'll be able to see an amazing engineering feat up close. This historic irrigation ditch and the several amazing tunnels and flumes were hand dug around 1870! Enjoy the wonder and magic of each tunnel, lit by headlamps. The open canals run through some of Kauai's most beautiful and remote land and feature fantastic views of the mountains and Waialeale Crater.
At the end of your tubing adventure, your tour guide will lead you to a beautiful picnic spot nearby for a delicious lunch and a refreshing dip in a natural swimming pool.
Kauai Tubing Tour Highlights:
- Fun tubing adventure with great views of Kauai’s rainforest, mountains, valleys and the ocean
- Float down historic irrigation ditch and through several tunnels
- Swim in a natural swimming hole
- Learn about a part of Kauai’s history
- Only tubing activity of this type on Kauai
- Water-friendly shoes available for rental
- Wetsuit tops available for rental
Expensive so book on Hawaii Discount.com
Very fun and unique! Great lunch, but too little time at the lunch / watering hole stop. It's a do once type thing. "
Fun Tubing Adventure
View from Tunnel
Historic Irrigation Ditch
- Where and When:
- Check in 30 minutes prior to your requested tour time at the Kauai Backcountry Adventures office, located at 3-4131 Kuhio Highway, Lihue, HI 96766. View Map
Look for the wooden fence and a sign that says "Kauai Backcountry Adventures."
- Participants must be 5 years and older AND 43" (110 cm) or taller.
Weight limit is 300 pounds.
Children 15 years and under must be accompanied by an adult 18 years and older. Those 16-17 years old may attend the tour without an adult, however, a parent must come in to check in the minor and sign a waiver.
Not recommended for anyone claustrophobic or those with back, hip or knee problems.
Women in first trimester pregnancy may participate with written physician approval.
- Special Notes:
- Operation Days:
- Operates daily
- Approximately 3 hours
- Tubes, gloves, headlamps and lunch are provided.