Kauai Tubing with Backcountry Adventures
This is Kauai's only tubing adventure. Hop into a four-wheel drive adventure vehicle that will take you deep into Kauai's emerald green interior. Along the way, your guide will share interesting facts about the island. Once you arrive at the launch site, you'll be outfitted with a tube and a headlamp.
As you float down the tropical waterway, you'll be able to see an amazing engineering feat up close. This historic irrigation ditch and the several amazing tunnels and flumes were hand dug around 1870! Enjoy the wonder and magic of each tunnel, lit by headlamps. The open canals run through some of Kauai's most beautiful and remote land and feature fantastic views of the mountains and Waialeale Crater.
At the end of your tubing adventure, your tour guide will lead you to a beautiful picnic spot nearby for a delicious lunch and a refreshing dip in a natural swimming pool.
Availability of specific times changes quickly. Your confirmation will have your exact tour start time listed. To ensure we can get you booked for this popular activity you have the following timing options to choose from:
- Any Available Time - we will book you for the first available time that fits your party
- Morning - we will book you for any available tour time that starts between 7:00 am and 9:30 am.
- Mid-Day - we will book you for any available tour time that starts between 10:00 am and 1:00 pm.
- Afternoon - we will book you for any available tour time that starts between 1:30 pm and 4:00 pm.
If a time within your selection is not available, we will contact you about the available times. IF YOU NEED A SPECIFIC TIME, please call or email to speak with an agent about availability.
Kauai Tubing Tour Highlights:
- Fun tubing adventure with great views of Kauai’s rain-forest, mountains, valleys and the ocean
- Float down historic irrigation ditch and through several tunnels
- Swim in a natural swimming hole
- Learn about a part of Kauai’s history
- Only tubing activity of this type on Kauai
- Hand sanitizer
- Snacks and cold water
- Water-friendly shoes available for rental
- Wet-suit tops available for rental
Fun Tubing Adventure
Kauai Inside Tunnel
Kauai Swimming Hole
Fun Kauai Adventure
- Where and When:
- Check in 30 minutes prior to your requested tour time at the Kauai Backcountry Adventures office, located at 3-4131 Kuhio Highway, Lihue, HI 96766. View Map
Look for the wooden fence and a sign that says "Kauai Backcountry Adventures."
- Safety: Masks are required while indoors and in any tour vehicles. We will take your temperature at check in, and it must be under 100.4 to go on tour.
- Participants must be 5 years and older AND 43" (110 cm) or taller.
Weight limit is 300 pounds (136 kg)
Masks are required while indoors and in any tour vehicles. We will take your temperature at check-in, and it must be under 100.4 F (38 C) to go on tour.
Children 15 years and under must be accompanied by an adult 18 years and older. Those 16-17 years old may attend the tour without an adult, however, a parent must come in to check in the minor and sign a waiver.
Not recommended for anyone claustrophobic or those with back, hip or knee problems.
Women up to the second trimester of pregnancy may participate with written physician approval.
- Special Notes:
- Operation Days:
- Approximately 3 hours
- Tubes, gloves, headlamps and lunch are provided.